Friday, October 5, 2007

Introduction

From looking at the title and the cover of this book I'm not sure if I'm going to like it. For one, I'm not too much of a fan of dogs, and two, I'm not really a fan of reading. There are only a select few books I can actually say I've enjoyed reading.

I know there's a movie out based on this book so it has to be somewhat ok.I haven't seen the movie but it's going to be interesting to see if the book is like the movie. I'm hoping this book is a quick and easy read because I can't say that I have hours to spend reading this. I'm excited in a way about this book. Here it goes (deep breath), chapter 1...

4 comments:

Dora said...

I did not know there was a movie done based on the book “Because of Winn-Dixie,” when I finish reading the book I am going to watch the movie. It will be nice to compare the book to the movie.

arielle said...

Aww, what a cute blog!
I kinda stole your poll idea. Heh.
I saw part of Winn-Dixie (the movie) back when I had cable. It seemed really cute. At the time, I didn't know it was a book, though, but now I'm tempted to go find a copy and read it.

Michele said...

I like all the pictures you have up from the movie. I also liked your idea of the poll. I will also be watching the movie someday.

Marva Solomon said...

Not a fan of dogs! Oh... one of my biggest regrets is that I didn't have a dog until I was 35 years old. I wasted 35 years living incomplete without the most unconditional love ever!

The reading part...well this book has a lot of meaning and characterization packed into a really spare text.